Thursday, June 9, 2011

June 8, 2011

I woke in New York in the middle of the city, 54th street. I had lunch with Dave and it was a great conversation. He's a good dude and generous with his time. It was hot, as in fry an egg hot. I walked jangly and slow in my suit down south, cased the neighborhood Cold War style, and met Dana S for coffee, myself hot and she iced. We chatted pleasantly and I likely talked too much in retrospect. Dogs, kids, gabfests, home, and Twitter. Such a nice time to meet new folk and share sips of coffee amidst the commerce and culture, the people and the skyscrapers. Walked to my rented spot and frankly I took a nap and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I am a napper. I woke disoriented and anxious so I went to Central Park and watched people play softball, wondering what would happen if someone didn't show up and they needed someone else to play, an extra perhaps. ... Had bad food for dinner and tucked in exhausted. Folded memories of the city and it's people over and over in my head like kneading dough, until it shaped a bed and I physical and mental lay down in it.

No comments: